Volleyball knocks off Iowa for George's 500th career win

History was made in Iowa City Saturday night, as MSU volleyball head coach Cathy George coached her 500th career victory.

The Spartans (14-2 overall, 2-2 Big Ten) defeated Iowa (8-9 overall, 0-4 Big Ten) in three sets (25-19, 25-16, 25-22)

George, who preferred to stay humble and quiet during the road to her milestone, admitted that she is just happy to “finally move on.”

After the game George was presented with banners and posters commemorating her historical day at Iowa.

George noted that the success from tonight came from the Spartans uptempo game. Unlike the Nebraska game, where the Spartans fell behind early, the team came out with a determined mindset.

“(The team) didn’t wait to see how things were going to go, we just came out and attacked,” George said.

Junior outside hitter Lauren Wicinski led the uptempo offense with 14 kills and two service aces.

Sophomore libero Kory Moster helped defensively with 20 digs and junior setter Kristen Kelsay chipped in with 10 digs.

The Spartans remain on the road as they take on Wisconsin (13-4 overall, 1-3 Big Ten) at 8 p.m. Friday.

Share and discuss “Volleyball knocks off Iowa for George's 500th career win” on social media.