2 MSU students stabbed early Friday morning

MSU student charged in incident

Ryan Alexander Ravary, a 20-year-old MSU student, was arraigned at 6 p.m. Friday at the 54-B District Court in East Lansing for allegedly stabbing two MSU students early Friday morning.

Ravary is charged with two counts of assault with intent to cause great bodily harm, a 10-year felony. He also is charged with two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, a four-year felony.

Ravary was arrested Friday morning near the 100 block of Spartan Street where the incident occurred.

According to a press release from the East Lansing Police Department, Ravary and three other individuals attempted to take a “For Rent” sign from the victims’ front yard, the victims confronted them and a fight broke out.

During the fight Ravary allegedly stabbed the two 21-year-old MSU students in their side and back areas.

The two victims were taken to Sparrow Hospital and treated for nonfatal stab wounds.

Their current conditions were not available Friday evening.

Ravary will be detained by the East Lansing Police Department until his $10,000 bond is paid or his next court appearance, which is scheduled for March 1.

The three other suspects were identified and released. One was arrested for disorderly conduct.

Share and discuss “2 MSU students stabbed early Friday morning” on social media.