Friday, November 28, 2014

Entertainment Blog

Eminem releases new single about his mother

By Sergio Martínez-Beltrán          Posted: 03/10/14 9:33pm         

After several unflattering songs directed at his mother, Slim Shady is back and now he is sorry.

Rapper Eminem’s new song “Headlights” is an apology to his mother, Debbie Mathers, whom he has previously insulted in his songs “Cleaning Out the Closet” and “My Mom.”

In “Headlights,” the rapper talks about how he was kicked out of his house on a Christmas Eve and how his father, who has been absent most of Eminem’s life, was responsible for his strained relationship with Mathers.

According to a Yahoo Music article, the song’s name refers to the rapper and Mathers’ last meeting. As she drove, he became fixated on the headlights of her car as he was overwhelmed with emotion.

In the song, Eminem recognized that he let his mom down as he raps, “you did your best to raise us both.”

Fun frontman Nate Russ is featured in this song.

The song is featured on the rapper’s new album, “The Marshall Mathers LP 2,” which was released in November of 2013. “Headlights” is the fifteenth song in the CD, and the single was released in February.

Throughout his career, Eminem has had a controversial relationship with his mom.

In the song “Cleaning Out the Closet”, the rapper confessed that his mom was always using drugs and he even said he hoped she’d “burn in hell.”

Eminem’s life has been a difficult one. From being bullied at school to having to deal with his mom and his own drug problems, he has found music as way to express himself.

Eminem’s first major album, “The Slim Shady LP,” was released in 1999.