Sparrow expands access to affordable and quick care with opening of new Urgent Care Michigan Avenue location

KBYG Graphic Wide (1)

Earlier this year Sparrow opened the doors on a new Urgent Care, located on Michigan Avenue directly across from the hospital. This new 6,200-square-foot Urgent Care, our largest, has eight exam rooms and two treatment rooms, in addition to onsite radiology and laboratory services.

At Sparrow we are continually focused on improving access, removing barriers to care, and adjusting our services to meet the changing needs of our Patients. On average, nearly 18,000 Patients a year visit the emergency room for care that could be provided quicker and more affordably at an Urgent Care. This new location complements our existing Urgent Care and FastCare clinics in Lansing, East Lansing, Mason, Grand Ledge, Okemos, and DeWitt, and expands access to affordable and quick care throughout the mid-Michigan region.

Sparrow Urgent Care Michigan Ave 02

It is important to establish a long-term relationship with a Primary Care Physician, and to stick to a regular schedule of check-ups and physicals. It’s also crucial to go to the nearest Emergency Room when you are facing a life-threatening illness or serious injury. But for everything in between, there is Sparrow FastCare and Sparrow Urgent Care. 

The Cure for the Common Wait

Sparrow Urgent Care and Sparrow FastCare also offer the cure for the common wait with online check in. You can get in line online and wait from the comfort of home, run an errand, cook dinner, go about your life. We’ll send you a text when it’s close to your scheduled time. Then, just check in at the front desk and you’re good to go!