Hub project to cause road, lane closures at Bogue and Grand River

A rendering of the proposed apartment building at the corner of Grand River Avenue and Bogue Street. If approved, the 10-story mixed-use building would house up to 585 beds. Photo courtesy of the City of East Lansing
A rendering of the proposed apartment building at the corner of Grand River Avenue and Bogue Street. If approved, the 10-story mixed-use building would house up to 585 beds. Photo courtesy of the City of East Lansing —

Because of construction on The Hub project, a portion of Cedar Street and the east lane of Bogue Street are scheduled to be closed from the alley that connects them to Grand River Avenue from April 2 to June 1, 2019.

With a road and lane closure so close to MSU's campus for more than a year, City of East Lansing Engineering Administrator Nicole McPherson said extensive thought had been put into the project.

“This was something that we looked at a lot with the developers,” McPherson said. “Having it closed increases the safety of the pedestrians and motorists going through there with the construction of that large development. So overall, considering the safety for the community, it’s better to have that closed.”

The closures will include pedestrian and motorist detours. It will also be a part of the Hub redevelopment project, which demolished the 7-Eleven and Georgio's Gourmet Pizzeria in the area. The two locations though will be part of the 10-story apartment building.

Share and discuss “Hub project to cause road, lane closures at Bogue and Grand River” on social media.