Tuesday, March 19, 2024

'Gymnasts and their allies' in Fortune's list of World's 50 Greatest Leaders

Kaylee Lorincz, right, is embraced by Larissa Boyce after her statement on the seventh and final day of Ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics Dr. Larry Nassar's sentencing on Jan. 24, 2018 at the Ingham County Circuit Court in Lansing. (Nic Antaya | The State News)
Kaylee Lorincz, right, is embraced by Larissa Boyce after her statement on the seventh and final day of Ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics Dr. Larry Nassar's sentencing on Jan. 24, 2018 at the Ingham County Circuit Court in Lansing. (Nic Antaya | The State News) —

Among those on Fortune's list of The World's 50 Greatest Leaders are "The Gymnasts and Their Allies," referring to the survivors of ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar's sexual abuse.

"When the sentencing trial of Larry Nassar began, few people knew the former USA Gymnastics doctor’s name, much less the details of his crimes. Then, the young women he sexually assaulted
— more than 150 of them — told their stories," Fortune writes in its testimony to the gymnasts. "Their seven days of harrowing testimony shook the world of sports and beyond."

The list includes students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and other schools, Bill and Melinda Gates, Oprah Winfrey and the #MeToo movement, among others.

This year's list emphasized leaders who have navigated the challenges of "unbundling," which Fortune refers to as disaggregating enterprises of all kinds.

Share and discuss “'Gymnasts and their allies' in Fortune's list of World's 50 Greatest Leaders” on social media.