WATCH: MSU alumni, fans talk Big Ten Tourney experience in New York

Hamden, Conn. resident and 1987 MSU alumna Mary DeLuca poses for a portrait before the Big Ten Men's Basketball semifinal game between Michigan State and Michigan on March 3, 2018 at Mustang Harry's in New York. Between one and two hundred MSU fans and alumni gathered at Mustang Harry's before the game. (Nic Antaya | The State News)
Hamden, Conn. resident and 1987 MSU alumna Mary DeLuca poses for a portrait before the Big Ten Men's Basketball semifinal game between Michigan State and Michigan on March 3, 2018 at Mustang Harry's in New York. Between one and two hundred MSU fans and alumni gathered at Mustang Harry's before the game. (Nic Antaya | The State News) —

NEW YORK — Although the discussion of hosting the Big Ten Tournament in New York over typical locations such as Chicago and Indianapolis, MSU alumni and fans still made the trek out to the Big Apple.

One of their stops was Mustang Harry's, one of three bars in New York that's known for hosting pregame tailgates, watch parties and other evens for Spartans in the area.

MSU alumnus Jonathan Marshall, who flew out Thursday night, said the experience in New York has been good, even if it's not in Chicago or Indianapolis.

"It's great to see another venue every once in a while," Marshall said.

Watch Marshall, along with his friends and fellow alumnus Trevor and Brooke Fitzgerald, talk what the Big Ten Tournament experience and alumni base is like in New York.

Share and discuss “WATCH: MSU alumni, fans talk Big Ten Tourney experience in New York” on social media.