Graduate forward Ben Carter signs to play professionally in Israel

<p>Senior forward Ben Carter (13) high fives fans after the game against Bucknell on March 16, 2018 at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit. The Spartans defeated the Bison 82-78.</p>

Senior forward Ben Carter (13) high fives fans after the game against Bucknell on March 16, 2018 at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit. The Spartans defeated the Bison 82-78.

Photo by Sylvia Jarrus | The State News

Hapoel Jerusalem basketball club announced on Twitter Sunday they signed former MSU forward Ben Carter for the rest of the season. The contract includes an option for next season. 

Carter, a native of Tel Aviv, Israel, averaged 0.7 points and 1.2 rebounds in 7.7 minutes this season. After he originally signed to play at the University of Oregon, Carter then transferred to UNLV and later to MSU. 

After he transferred to MSU for the 2016-17 season, Carter suffered a season-ending knee injury on the first official day of practice. He was later granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA. 

Despite having a limited role for much of the season, Carter was on the floor for 23 minutes in the Spartans' second round loss to Syracuse on March 18, the most minutes he's ever played in an MSU jersey.

Share and discuss “Graduate forward Ben Carter signs to play professionally in Israel ” on social media.