Crunchy's icon Dennis Foreback hospitalized, doing 'much better'

<p>Lansing resident Dennis Foreback, sings the "The Circle of Life" at Crunchy's on April 10, 2014. Foreback has performed regularly at Crunchy's for the past two years. Allison Brooks/ The State News</p>

Lansing resident Dennis Foreback, sings the "The Circle of Life" at Crunchy's on April 10, 2014. Foreback has performed regularly at Crunchy's for the past two years. Allison Brooks/ The State News

An icon in the hearts of Crunchy's patrons, Dennis Foreback, has been admitted to McLaren Greater Lansing hospital.

Foreback said he lost consciousness and an ambulance took him to the hospital in late February.

“I’m doing much better," Foreback said.

A karaoke star at Crunchy’s, Foreback said he goes every Thursday, Friday and Saturday to perform alongside members of the college town.

“I have a lot of friends at Michigan State,” Foreback said. 

Crunchy’s and its karaoke goers have sent well wishes to Foreback through cards and social media posts.

Foreback is known to attend most karaoke nights at Crunchy’s singing classics, duets and receiving a rock star like reception.

“Great place to go, great place to sing, great people,” Foreback said. “I’ve been doing this about eight years. It's the best karaoke place in town.”

Letters can be sent to Dennis Foreback at Room 371 in 401 W Greenlawn Ave., Lansing 48910.

Share and discuss “Crunchy's icon Dennis Foreback hospitalized, doing 'much better'” on social media.