Sophomore defenseman Mitch Eliot joins the OHL's Sarnia Sting

Sophomore defender Mitch Eliot (52) brings the puck up the ice during the game against Western Michigan on Oct. 20, 2017, at Munn Ice Arena. The Spartans defeated the Broncos 6-4.
Sophomore defender Mitch Eliot (52) brings the puck up the ice during the game against Western Michigan on Oct. 20, 2017, at Munn Ice Arena. The Spartans defeated the Broncos 6-4. —
Photo by Matt Schmucker | The State News

Sophomore defenseman Mitch Eliot announced Friday he is departing the Spartans to join the OHL's Sarnia Sting.

“I have chosen to join the Sarnia Sting in hopes of pursuing my interests to play professional hockey one day while being able to combine that with continuing to work towards earning my college degree," Eliot said in a press release. "The club is having an outstanding season and I am extremely excited to join them down the stretch and into the playoffs.”

Eliot played in 61 games during his collegiate career. He scored two goals and put up six assists in his Spartan career.

He was selected by the Sting back in 2014 as the 204th overall pick in the 11th round. Before coming to MSU, he played for the USHL Muskegon Lumberjacks. 

Eliot will make his debut tomorrow against the Niagara Ice Dogs at Progressive Auto Sales Arena.

Share and discuss “Sophomore defenseman Mitch Eliot joins the OHL's Sarnia Sting” on social media.