E.L. Art Festival date set, applications open for local artists

<p>Crane Wives perform during the East Lansing Art Festival on May 21, 2017. Crane Wives is a four-piece Americana/folk band founded in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 2010. When the guitarist and singer in Crane Wives Katt Pillsbury talks about how the band survive 7 years after college, she said, "If you have the passion and you have the diligence, it will work out, it just takes time." The East Lansing Art Festival is an event meant to bring the East Lansing community together through appreciation of art.</p>

Crane Wives perform during the East Lansing Art Festival on May 21, 2017. Crane Wives is a four-piece Americana/folk band founded in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 2010. When the guitarist and singer in Crane Wives Katt Pillsbury talks about how the band survive 7 years after college, she said, "If you have the passion and you have the diligence, it will work out, it just takes time." The East Lansing Art Festival is an event meant to bring the East Lansing community together through appreciation of art.

The 55th East Lansing Art Festival, or ELAF, has a date. And new artists are encourage to apply to display their creativity.

The ELAF will be held in downtown East Lansing May 19-20. Artists can apply for a spot in the festival at www.zapplication.org with the deadline set for Jan. 31. The application fee is $35.

Both experienced artists and newcomers are set to be at the festival.

Artists who have had a booth in the past need to submit a picture of their booth from a previous year and four photos of their work. Artists who are new to this festival are required to submit five photos of their work.

A variety of different mediums and types of work will be accepted and shown. Throughout the duration of the festival, the work of the artists will be available for purchase. 

This event is expected to draw a crowd with an audience of approximately 70,000 people. Along with exploring more than 175 booths of different artists, visitors can listen to live music and enjoy international food. There will be a plethora of activities for children to enjoy as well. 

The event provides an opportunity for new artists to display their work and for people to purchase their pieces.

Share and discuss “E.L. Art Festival date set, applications open for local artists” on social media.