Medical marijuana to be discussed by city council, residents can comment

The East Lansing City Council on Nov. 21, 2017 at the 54B District Court.
The East Lansing City Council on Nov. 21, 2017 at the 54B District Court. —
Photo by Carly Geraci | The State News

Regulations for medical marijuana in the City of East Lansing could be coming soon.

The city council is holding a public hearing to give residents a chance to state their opinions on medical marijuana at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, as part of the regular city council meeting.

During the public hearing Ordinance 1395 will be discussed, which sets regulations for growers, processing, safety compliance and secure transfer facilities.

Planning and Zoning Administrator David Haywood will discuss the Planning Commission's recommendation for the city council to approve the ordinance. 

The council might make a decision on the ordinance at the meeting, City Manager George Lahanas said. 

"There is another ordinance for provisioning centers, or the store fronts to sell medical marijuana, that will be discussed at another city council meeting at the end of December," Lahanas said.

Anyone who wants to give their opinion on the matter can either speak at the meeting Tuesday or send an email to the city council at council@cityofeastlansing.com

To view the full agenda for the Dec. 5 meeting, click here.

Share and discuss “Medical marijuana to be discussed by city council, residents can comment” on social media.