A look at the 2017 East Lansing Winter Glow Festival

The streets of Ann Street Plaza were filled with holiday cheer during the annual Winter Glow Festival on Dec. 2.  The free festival featured carriage rides, live music, an outdoor farmer's market, marshmallow roasting, ice sculptures, horse and carriage rides and other seasonal activities. 

The family-friendly event brought out crowds of local children and families enjoying the festivities, from marshmallow roasting to meeting Santa and giving him their ultimate gift list. Students also strolled through the festival, taking in all the activity. 

“We were just walking back from the lib and saw this band playing,”  Genetics junior Carson Nye said. 

For those reminiscing of summer days spent at the East Lansing Farmer's market, they had a chance to explore some of the market’s most popular local vendors selling things like holiday treats, maple syrup, coffee, beauty products and more. The market featured more than a dozen vendors including Jenny’s Sweets and Treats, Rust Belt Roastery, Sapo de Solis, and Droscha Sugarbush. 

Many vendors are no stranger to the event and enjoy the atmosphere. Haslett residents Konny Zsigo, Nikki Zsigo and their two children are the owners of Nut Brothers, which serves roasted cinnamon nuts. 

“This is our second year coming here, we like to go to family friendly events like farmer’s markets and things like this,” Nikki Zsigo said. 

Their son Marc is only 11 years old, but Konny and Nikki insist he and his brother are the real owners of Nut Brothers.  

“Marc and his older brother had this idea that they wanted to run a business, and doing this teaches them about how business works. We always tell people it’s for them ... it makes me proud.” said Nikki Zsigo.

“I feel pretty great,” Marc Zsigo said.

Share and discuss “A look at the 2017 East Lansing Winter Glow Festival” on social media.