Five volleyball players named Big Ten Post-Season Teams

Redshirt senior outside hitter Autumn Bailey (2) serves the ball during the game against Northwestern on Nov. 11, 2017 at Jenison Fieldhouse. The Spartans defeated the Wildcats, 3-0.
Redshirt senior outside hitter Autumn Bailey (2) serves the ball during the game against Northwestern on Nov. 11, 2017 at Jenison Fieldhouse. The Spartans defeated the Wildcats, 3-0. —
Photo by Carly Geraci | The State News

Four Spartan volleyball team members were named to the two Big Ten’s post-season teams on Wednesday evening.

Redshirt senior outside hitter Autumn Bailey and senior middle Alyssa Garvelink earned First Team selections. Senior setter Rachel Minarick and senior outside hitter Holly Toliver received Honorable Mention picks. Senior libero Abby Monson earned the Sportsmanship Award.

Bailey ranks fifth among Division I players with kills and tallied 1,772 in her career. She also ranks 21st among active players with kills per set averaging 3.93. This is her third First Team all-Conference honoree in her career.

Garvelink ranks fourth in the Big Ten in blocks per set averaging 1.33 blocks and fifth with a .348 for hitting. On Nov. 18, she achieved her 1,000th career kill against Indiana making her the 23rd Spartan to reach this milestone. 

The team will head to Omaha, Nebraska to kick off the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Share and discuss “Five volleyball players named Big Ten Post-Season Teams” on social media.