Activity equals higher GPA

1

It's finals season, and stress, lack of sleep, and thoughts of grades are looming over Michigan State’s student body. However, there is a cure to this madness. Participation in recreational sports has been proven to benefit students in multiple ways. Recreational sports members achieve higher cumulative GPAs, complete more cumulative credits, and are more likely to stay in school and achieve active sophomore status following their 1st year compared to non-members.[1]

MSU Recreational Sports and Fitness Services are offering half off memberships at our IM West and IM East facilities! We offer services to provide for every student’s needs. The fitness centers have a plethora of core equipment, cardio machines, and weight machines. The gyms feature multiple basketball and volleyball courts for intramural sports or spontaneous drop in recreation. Is the weather too cold for that early morning jog or swim outside? Try out our indoor track or pool. Check out our facilities today and see the rewards first-hand. Bring your student I.D. to enter the building and reduce your stress level today! 

For more information check us out online at www.recsports.msu.edu!

6

[1] Danbert, S.J., Pivarnik, J.M., McNeil, R.N., Washington, I.J. (2014). Academic success and retention: The role of recreational sports fitness facilities. Recreational Sports Journal, 38, 14-22.