Give Green campaign sets $25,000 goal for business pavilion

MSU’s 24-hour Give Green Day on Nov. 28 hopes to make a difference for current and future Spartans. 

Giving Green is an MSU campaign that lasts an entire day and consists of Spartans and friends around the globe coming together to give financial gifts to the university.

The campaign is looking to raise $250,000 for 28 projects and programs within the university for programs in athletics, education and engineering, but the highest goal set is $25,000 for the Eli Broad College of Business Pavilion.

The college broke ground for the $62 million pavilion on Sept. 8, with the help of donations from alumni, but according to the Give Green website, there is still work to be done.

The pavilion is meant to create space for business students to work on projects and get a sense of the type of environments they may be in, in the future.

According to the Give Green website, the pavilion is critical to attract the best students, faculty and employers to the college to develop the next generation of business leaders and change the face of higher education. 

The college says this as an experience that business students deserve.

“We need to be able to have classrooms where technology is seamlessly assimilated with collaborative spaces," Dean of the Eli Broad College of Business Sanjay Gupta said in a statement. "All of that cannot be done retrofitting our existing facilities." 

The new space will add 100,000 square feet for the teaching and learning of both undergraduate and graduate students. 

The university previously exceeded their goal of $100,000 for the fundraising in 2016, by raising $241,939 from about 2,000 donors. This year, they have already received a $50,000 kick-off from alumnus David Moehring. 

Gifts can be given to MSU at any time on Nov. 28 between the hours of 12 a.m. – 11:59 p.m. by phone, mail or online at givingto.msu.edu.

Share and discuss “Give Green campaign sets $25,000 goal for business pavilion” on social media.