Crimes reported to ELPD and MSUPD with Penn State in town
On a weekend that brought frigid temperatures, pouring rains and power outages across Grand River Avenue, game day-related crimes were less prevalent as they've been in recent weeks, records show.
Here's what happened Saturday when the MSU football team hosted the Penn State Nittany Lions, according to MSU Police Cpt. Doug Monette:
- One ordinance violation for an individual on the field at Spartan Stadium.
- One minor in possession (MIP) arrest.
- Nine incidents of open liquor containers, all of which were given at tailgates at Munn Field, according to Monette.
For comparison, here were the list of crimes reported to The State News by Monette from MSUPD for the Spartans' last home game against the Indiana Hoosiers:
- Six minor-in-possession violations
- Two open container violations
- One incident of public urination
One incident in which an individual failed to obey a police officer
- One instance in which somebody used an unauthorized source amplified sound
- One weapons violation involving a knife
East Lansing Case and Arrest Weekly Report
Each week, East Lansing Police releases a weekly log of crimes and violations that were reported to the department. Below are some of the crimes reported to ELPD from the weekend:
- Four disorderly conduct citations
- Two arsons
- One act of criminal sexual conduct (4th degree)
- One arrest for operating under the influence
- One open alcohol citation
- One MIP arrest
As compared to the following crimes reported from the Indiana weekend:
- Three arrests for disorderly conduct
- Two arrests for minor-in-possession
- Two arrest operating under the influence of intoxicating liquor
- One arrest for assault and battery