MSU alumnus plans homecoming events for Houston

With a week full of festivities already planned for homecoming, MSU graduate DeAnthony Arnett planned additional weekend events for students, starting with a pep rally at Jenison Field House on Friday.

Arnett, formerly a wide receiver on the MSU football team, said he couldn’t remember a time he created memories during homecoming week, so three months ago he began to put his plan into action for students currently at MSU.

The weekend will begin with a pep rally on Friday, Oct. 20. The rally will feature karaoke and a battle of the classes, just like many high school pep rallies have. There will also be plenty of seats and a DJ to keep the crowd fired up. All proceeds or donations that are given at the pep rally will be given to charity.

Following the rally will be an All Black Affair at the Lansing Center on Saturday, Oct. 21 and a Hoop for Houston charity basketball game on Sunday, Oct. 22. 

The Hoop for Houston game will feature MSU freshmen and sophomores playing a friendly but competitive basketball game against juniors and seniors. The game will be held in IM Sports-West and vendors will be in attendance for the event. 

Donations are being accepted during homecoming weekend for the city of Houston. 

This is the first year Arnett has put on homecoming events for undergraduate students and he hopes the trend he is beginning at MSU will continue in the future. 

Share and discuss “MSU alumnus plans homecoming events for Houston” on social media.