FINAL: No. 6 MSU beats PSU, 1-0, to give Damon Rensing 100th career win

Penn State forward Aymar Sique (7) heads the ball during the game on Oct. 14, 2017 at DeMartin Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Nittany Lions in the pouring rain, 1-0.
Penn State forward Aymar Sique (7) heads the ball during the game on Oct. 14, 2017 at DeMartin Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Nittany Lions in the pouring rain, 1-0. —
Photo by Carly Geraci | The State News

The No. 6 Spartans took on Penn State on a rainy Saturday afternoon, coming away with a 1-0 victory and giving head coach Damon Rensing his 100th career win at the helm of the Spartans program. MSU is now 10-2-2 on the season and 4-0-2 in Big Ten play. (Read more about Rensing and earning is 100th career win here).

“It was a crazy game, but I think it shows the togetherness of the group,” Rensing said. “Being 4-0-2 in the Big Ten is a great place to be.”

Forward Ryan Sierakowski scored the lone goal for the Spartans, his fifth goal of the season and making his point total 13 on the season, which is second on the team.

“He’s a scorer. We kind of felt he would finally get going,” Rensing said. “You just want to see a kid get rewarded for a good play and hard work.”

The Spartans had the shots advantage over the Nittany Lions, 11-9, while also leading Penn State in shots on goal, 5-0.

The Spartans will next play the 5-8 Oakland Golden Grizzlies this Tuesday at DeMartin Stadium, with kick off scheduled for 7 p.m.

Share and discuss “FINAL: No. 6 MSU beats PSU, 1-0, to give Damon Rensing 100th career win” on social media.