MSU College of Music concert to exhibit a collection of musical talent

The MSU College of Music will host the concert, "A Fairchild Fanfair," as part of their MSU Federal Credit Union Showcase Series in the MSU Auditorium’s Fairchild Theatre Sept. 16.

The event, sponsored by MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon and her husband, Dr. Roy Simon, will feature a variety of music emphasized in the college, including opera, new music, chamber music and jazz.

“There are probably 28 performers showcasing and putting a spotlight on the different areas within the College of Music,” said College of Music Dean Jim Forger.

Along with ensembles and artists who regularly perform in Fairchild Theatre, the fast-paced montage will feature faculty and student artists from the college as well, performing compositions in the forms of duets, quintets and octets using a wide array of instruments ranging from piano to string.

“I’d say what distinguishes this concert is it is a showcase across the college,” Forger said. “If you don’t like one work, just wait six minutes and you’ll hear the next one.”

The event is set to begin at 3 p.m. Saturday.

Share and discuss “MSU College of Music concert to exhibit a collection of musical talent ” on social media.