MSU's Hague earns Big Ten honor, Fiscus named to Top Drawer Team of Week

Sophomore goalie Jimmy Hague (1) jumps to catch the ball during the game against Bowling Green on Sept. 28, 2016. The Spartans defeated the Falcons, 1-0.
Sophomore goalie Jimmy Hague (1) jumps to catch the ball during the game against Bowling Green on Sept. 28, 2016. The Spartans defeated the Falcons, 1-0. —

Goalie Jimmy Hague was named as the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week, according to a press release. This is the second time Hague was awarded this honor, with the first time coming last year on Oct. 4, 2016.

Hague's defense shutout both of SIUE's and Saint Louis University's offense last week, while also collecting four saves.

Defenseman Jimmy Fiscus was also named to the Top Drawer Soccer Team of the Week after playing 90 minutes in both games last weekend. Only 11 players are named to this team.

The men's soccer team also jumped up in the United Soccer Coaches poll after starting the season 2-0, going from No. 22 in the nation to No. 13.

The men's soccer team will play its first home game this Friday at 6:30 p.m. against Dartmouth. This will also be the first game played under the new lights at DeMartin Stadium.

Share and discuss “MSU's Hague earns Big Ten honor, Fiscus named to Top Drawer Team of Week” on social media.