MSU football to hold tryout meeting Wednesday

<p>Freshman defensive end Jacub Panasiuk (96), left, and freshman linebacker Brent Mossburg (42), right, perform a drill during the football practice on July 31, 2017, at the practice fields behind the Duffy Daugherty Football Building</p>

Freshman defensive end Jacub Panasiuk (96), left, and freshman linebacker Brent Mossburg (42), right, perform a drill during the football practice on July 31, 2017, at the practice fields behind the Duffy Daugherty Football Building

Photo by Jon Famurewa | The State News

The Spartans are holding a walk-on tryout meeting Wednesday starting at 4 p.m. for any athletes interested. The meeting will be held at the Skandalaris Football Center in the Pentecost Team Meeting Room.

Some notable walk-ons that have made the team in past seasons include former offensive lineman Jack Conklin, linebacker Kyler Elsworth and wideout Blair White.

In order to tryout for the team, players must be a full-time student at MSU with an average of a 2.5 grade-point average, pass background checks and drug tests, as well as be cleared by the NCAA. 

Players are also recommended to include a recommendation from a high school coach, videos to evaluate and results of physical examination from a family doctor or at Olin Health Center,  according to a MSU Athletics press release.

For any more information regarding the tryout contact, athletes can contact Coach Dino Folino at 517-285-9356.

Share and discuss “MSU football to hold tryout meeting Wednesday” on social media.