Street and parking lot closures during East Lansing Art Festival
The 54th annual East Lansing Art Festival will bring nearly 200 artists and thousands of patrons to downtown East Lansing this Saturday and Sunday, May 20-21. The East Lansing Police Department announced in a statement on Tuesday a list of street and parking lot closures from Friday until Sunday, to accommodate the festivities.
- Albert Ave. from M.A.C. Ave. to Evergreen Ave. will be closed from 5 a.m. Friday through 10 p.m. Sunday.
- Abbot Road from Grand River Ave. to Elizabeth St. will be closed from 10 a.m. Friday through 10 p.m. Sunday. Access to the Grove St. parking structure will be open to artists and community members with access from Elizabeth St. to Park Ln., Linden St., and Grove St.
- M.A.C. Ave. from Grand River Ave. to Albert Ave. will be closed from noon on Friday to 10 p.m. Sunday.
- The Albert Ave. surface lot at 230 Albert Ave. and the City Hall North surface lot at 410 Abbot Road will be closed from 3 a.m. Friday through 10 p.m. on Sunday.
- The Abbot/Albert surface lot next to Dublin Square at 311 Abbot Road, the surface lot at 275 Evergreen Ave. and the City Hall West surface lot at 415 Abbot Road will be closed from 7 a.m. on Friday through 10 p.m. Sunday.
ELPD encourages community members to explore further information about the festival on its website.
Stay with The State News with any further developments and additional road or parking structure closes.