Student pulled from under camper, arrested after K-9 track

<p>Michigan State University Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News</p>

Michigan State University Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News

Photo by Courtney Kendler | The State News

MSU student Issac Hamilton was pulled from under a camper after a K-9 track by East Lansing police and then placed under arrest for five different charges on Feb. 4, according to an ELPD report.

On Feb. 16 Hamilton was arraigned on five counts. He pleaded not guilty to a count of disorderly prowling. He "stood mute" for the other four counts, which are disorderly obstruction, drunk and disorderly, possession of marijuana and a minor in possession, according to 54B District Court records.

ELPD was dispatched to an alleged larceny from an automobile at the 1700 block of Burcham Drive when the resident returned home and saw a man in her roommate's car, according to the ELPD report.

The report continued: the resident yelled at the man, later identified as Hamilton, and he "took off running on foot." One officer began searching the area, while another started to set up a K-9 search.

A perimeter was set up and the K-9 , Quinn, began the search. Quinn tracked Hamilton for approximately an hour and Hamilton was found hiding underneath a camper near Wayland Avenue and Melrose Avenue. 

Hamilton was then placed under arrest and searched. Officers found approximately one gram of hemp oil on Hamilton. 

He was given a portable breath alcohol test at the East Lansing jail because he "smelled very strongly of intoxicants." He had a blood alcohol concentration of .16 percent. 

On Feb. 6 Hamilton posted bond. He has a pretrial hearing on March 2.

Share and discuss “Student pulled from under camper, arrested after K-9 track” on social media.