Former MSU defensive lineman Cassius Peat returning to MSU football

Head coach Mark Dantonio walks back to the sidelines after talking with the team during a time out during the game against Michigan on Oct. 29, 2016 at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans were defeated by the Wolverines, 32-23.
Head coach Mark Dantonio walks back to the sidelines after talking with the team during a time out during the game against Michigan on Oct. 29, 2016 at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans were defeated by the Wolverines, 32-23. —
Photo by Carly Geraci | and Carly Geraci The State News

Former MSU defensive lineman Cassius Peat is coming back to MSU. 

A three-star athlete in the 2015 recruiting class, Peat redshirted his freshman season. He participated in spring activities for MSU, however he did not play in the spring game. Peat told 247sports he moved closer to home to be with his family. 

Peat was granted a transfer from head coach Mark Dantonio. 

Last season, Peat played for Pima Community College in Tucson, Ariz. After considering a transfer to UCLA, Peat decided to return to MSU. He is expected to be eligible for three more years. 

Peat told 247sports.com:

"I always felt like I was a part of it even though I went home for a family reason because my coaches kept in contact with me and so did my teammates. So I've always felt like I was in the program."

Out of high school, Peat was named the No. 1 defensive end prospect in the state of Arizona and No. 4 in the west region by Scout.com

Share and discuss “Former MSU defensive lineman Cassius Peat returning to MSU football” on social media.