ELPD looking for man who allegedly impersonated a police officer

<p>East Lansing Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News</p>

East Lansing Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News

Photo by Courtney Kendler | The State News

East Lansing police are investigating an incident involving a man who allegedly impersonated a police officer.

According to a press release, on March 27 a man was stopped near the corner of Saginaw Street and Hagadorn Road by a person he believed to be a police officer. ELPD investigated and determined the person was not a police officer.

The suspect is a 6-foot white male in his late 20's to mid 30's with green eyes, short brown hair and a small birthmark or scar on his right cheek.

The suspect was armed with a handgun and driving a white Ford Taurus with the words "police" and "Lansing" on the sides.

The encounter was filmed by a third party and the suspect fled after noticing he was being videotaped. ELPD is encouraging the individuals who filmed the encounter to speak with them and hopefully help identify the suspect. 

Any information regarding the incident should be reported to the ELPD Detective Bureau (517) 319-6884.

Share and discuss “ELPD looking for man who allegedly impersonated a police officer” on social media.