PREVIEW: MSU women's basketball hosts Senior Night against Penn State

Junior forward Kennedy Johnson (55) shoots over Michigan guard Katelynn Flaherty (3) during the women's basketball game against the University of Michigan on Feb. 19, 2017 at Crisler Arena in Ann Arbor, Mich. The Spartans defeated the Wolverines, 86-68.
Junior forward Kennedy Johnson (55) shoots over Michigan guard Katelynn Flaherty (3) during the women's basketball game against the University of Michigan on Feb. 19, 2017 at Crisler Arena in Ann Arbor, Mich. The Spartans defeated the Wolverines, 86-68. —
Photo by Jon Famurewa | and Jon Famurewa The State News

After MSU women's basketball defeated in-state rival University of Michigan Sunday, senior guard Tori Jankoska said she has tried to not think of what's to come. 

Now, just hours from her final regular season game at Breslin Center, thinking of what is to come is imminent.

The Spartans host Penn State Tuesday at 7 p.m. on Senior Night as Jankoska will begin to put the finishing touches on her career and legacy as a Spartan.

The 5-foot-8 guard enters tonight's game averaging 22.2 points per game. Among single-single season records in MSU history, she's first in 3-pointers in a season with 99. With 603 points so far this season, Jankoska is No. 2 on the single-season charts in a season, surpassing Liz Shimek, who scored 597 points from 2005-06. 

By scoring 2,069 points so far in her career, she is currently No. 7 in the nation in career points scored during her four-year tenure as a Spartan.

On Jan. 10, Jankoska netted a single-game record of 42 points as she set the record for most points in a single quarter and half en route to becoming the Spartans' all-time leading scorer. The Freeland, Mich. native is the first Spartan to reach the 2,000 points milestone.

In the Spartans' 85-69 win over Minnesota on Feb. 16, Jankoska became the third Spartan in MSU women's basketball history to register a triple-double as she recorded 24 points, 10 assists and 10 rebounds. 

As satisfied as Jankoska might be with her career, it will be emotional regardless as the Spartans will honor the career of their lone senior Wednesday night. 

Share and discuss “PREVIEW: MSU women's basketball hosts Senior Night against Penn State” on social media.