Clever date spots around campus for the perfect Valentine's Day

Pop-up ice skating rink

The city of East Lansing's pop-up ice skating rink is officially open for skating this month. While the rink is free of cost, skaters must bring their own skates. The rink, located in Valley Court Park, is open until 9 p.m.

Crunchy's

Not only is Crunchy's famous for its burgers and craft beer selection, on Tuesday nights they offer two games of Sporcle Live! Trivia beginning at 7 p.m. If things go smoothly, stay until 10 p.m. to catch local comedians put on a show. According to the Crunchy's website, the show will be hosted by Brandon Bonebrake. Employee Manny Macias said that while there aren't any special Valentine's Day themes planned, the restaurant will be full of life because of the home basketball game.

Wharton Center for Performing Arts

What better way to celebrate a holiday surrounded by love than with a Broadway power couple. Jarrod Spector and Kelli Barrett will take the stage and remake music that came from other noteworthy musical marriages. According to the Wharton Center's website, the show will begin at 7:30 p.m. and run approximately 90 minutes.

Breslin Student Events Center

The MSU men's basketball team will take on the Ohio State University Buckeyes at 9 p.m. This date spot encompasses the best of both worlds: getting to spend time with your special someone and not having to miss the game.

Demmer Shooting Sports, Education and Training Center

Trying to get hit by Cupid's arrow? Demmer Center offers both archery and firearm shooting. Director Michael Galella said that they have seen an increased amount of couples try their hand at shooting because of the unique memory it creates. Although the center is open to members only on Valentine's Day, the facility offers indoor and outdoor shooting ranges making it an evergreen date night destination.

Share and discuss “Clever date spots around campus for the perfect Valentine's Day” on social media.