Athletic Director Mark Hollis cancels 12-day trip during investigations

Athletic director Mark Hollis addresses the crowd April 3, 2015, during a final four Spartan pep rally at the Indiana Convention Center, 100 S. Capitol Ave., in Indianapolis, Indiana. Erin Hampton/The State News
Athletic director Mark Hollis addresses the crowd April 3, 2015, during a final four Spartan pep rally at the Indiana Convention Center, 100 S. Capitol Ave., in Indianapolis, Indiana. Erin Hampton/The State News —
Photo by Erin Hampton | and The State News file photo The State News

MSU Athletic Director Mark Hollis cancelled his 12-day trip as the NCAA Division I selection committee chair to focus on his responsibilities on campus, CBS reported

According to the Detroit Free Press, Hollis was scheduled to leave on Wednesday to travel to 12 states in 12 days to watch college basketball.

The trip was cancelled just days after news broke that three MSU football players and a staff member have been suspended from the team pending a sexual assault investigation. Head coach of the women's gymnastics team, Kathie Klages was suspended today during the sexual assault investigation into former team doctor Larry Nassar.

Men's basketball coach Tom Izzo addressed the cancelled trip at his press conference today.

"Whatever Mark Hollis decides, if he’s canceling the trip or he doesn’t want to call me as much, I know there’s a damn good reason for it and I know that he’ll work on it and will get it straightened out and we’ll move forward because we have good people in place," Izzo said at the press conference. "That leadership of my president and my AD are second to none."

Hollis and Matt Larson, director of new media and athletic communications, were unable to be reached for comment.

Share and discuss “Athletic Director Mark Hollis cancels 12-day trip during investigations” on social media.