Letter from the editor-in-chief: Welcome to spring semester 2017

Welcome and welcome back to East Lansing!

Thanks for reading The State News, whether this is your first time or one of many times doing so.

My name is Jake Allen and I am the editor-in-chief at The State News this spring. I would like to thank all of our readers for the critical feedback we received on our reporting and storytelling in the fall, and I look forward to hearing from our audience this spring.

The goal of The State News is to be a resource for our readers. Without the story ideas, comments, questions and criticisms we hear from our audience every day, The State News wouldn't be able to function. We could not do it without you, so please continue to be the informed and engaged readers you have been in the past.

The goal for this semester, in addition to printing a physical newspaper twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays, will be to continue pushing forward on the digital front. The digital tools The State News will push for this semester will include different types of video, audio clips, podcasts, timelines, slideshows, interactive content and more in the coming semester.

Our coverage will focus on the changing and growing city of East Lansing, crime and police work in the area, the state government, MSU’s administration and policies, the student government and other MSU community and campus concerns or interests.

Additionally, be sure to follow along with The State News for outstanding coverage of the basketball program and other MSU sports this semester.

Our goal for every area of coverage will be to make the content the most engaging, interactive and as interesting as possible this semester.

The State News is committed to serving the MSU community the news it wants and needs this semester, and we can't do it without the help of our audience.

If you have any concerns or questions throughout the semester, feel free to send me an email at jake.allen@statenews.com.

Share and discuss “Letter from the editor-in-chief: Welcome to spring semester 2017 ” on social media.