MSU wideout Donnie Corley named to Freshman All-America team

Freshman wide receiver Donnie Corley (9) catches a pass while being covered by Wisconsin safety Arrington Farrar (21) during the game against Wisconsin on Sept. 24, 2016 at Spartan Stadium. Corley caught a total of four passes for 84 yards.
Freshman wide receiver Donnie Corley (9) catches a pass while being covered by Wisconsin safety Arrington Farrar (21) during the game against Wisconsin on Sept. 24, 2016 at Spartan Stadium. Corley caught a total of four passes for 84 yards. —
Photo by Nic Antaya | The State News

After a stellar rookie campaign, freshman wide receiver Donnie Corley was named as a member of the 2016 Sound Mind Sound Body/Football Writers Association of America All-America Team.

A highly touted prospect in high school, Corley played in all 12 games for MSU while hauling in 33 receptions for 453 yards. The 6-foot-2 receiver from Detroit also recorded three touchdowns and averaged 37.8 yards per game during the 2016 season.

After injuries plagued the Spartans, Corley had the opportunity to play on both sides of the ball as he took snaps on defense as a cornerback near the end of the season. Playing multiple positions throughout the season for the Spartans, he was named to the All-America team as an all-purpose athlete.

The accolades keep coming for the true freshman as Corley was also named to the Big Ten Network All-Big Ten Freshman team earlier this offseason. 

Share and discuss “MSU wideout Donnie Corley named to Freshman All-America team” on social media.