Eastwood Towne Center Max and Erma's closes

The Eastwood Towne Center Max and Erma's has closed. This restaurant’s closing is one in a long series of closings for Max and Erma’s in Michigan. In January 2015, eight locations across the state of Michigan, according to a Detroit Free Press article.

The restaurant closed last week in order for repairs to be done, however the restaurant did not reopen after the repairs were completed, according to an Lansing State Journal article.

Eastwood Towne Center Property Management declined to comment on the closing.

James Blystone, vice president of marketing and communications for Glacier Restaurant Group, said the GRG bought Max and Erma’s from American Blue Ribbon Holdings in January of this year, however ABRH retained ownership of the Eastwood Towne Center location.

The two other remaining Max and Erma’s locations in Michigan are in Detroit Metro Airport and at Partridge Creek in Clinton Township, Mich., according to the Max and Erma’s website.

Blystone said because they did not own the location, he did not know the reasons for closing. However, he said that he knows ABRH did whatever they could to take care of the employees.

“(American Blue Ribbon Holdings) said they were going to be going down the same path they did in January where they’re offering severances up for all the employees there and making sure they are taken care of,” Blystone said.

Blystone said that GRG took on as many employees from the Eastwood Location at other Max and Erma’s locations.

In spite of the recent history Max and Erma’s has had in the state, Blystone said there are no plans to close any other Max and Erma’s locations in Michigan.

“We own Partridge Creek, that one we own, that one is doing well,” Blystone said. “Every Max and Erma’s that is currently owned by Glacier Restaurant Group or we have a franchisee who is running it, we have a relationship with.”

ABRH could not be reached for comment on why the location closed.

Share and discuss “Eastwood Towne Center Max and Erma's closes” on social media.