Voter Guide: Everything an E.L. voter needs for the 2016 election

Communication senior Kim Nguyen walks by a voting sign on March 8, 2016 on the steps of the MSU Union. Nguyen voted earlier today in the Michigan presidential primary election.
Communication senior Kim Nguyen walks by a voting sign on March 8, 2016 on the steps of the MSU Union. Nguyen voted earlier today in the Michigan presidential primary election. —
Photo by Kelly vanFrankenhuyzen | and Kelly vanFrankenhuyzen The State News

The State News compiled everything from where polling locations are for East Lansing voters to what will will be on the ballot for the Nov. 8 election. Below is what the ballot will physically look like for East Lansing voters as well as information on the major races and issues for the election.  

Michigan Ballot for Ingham County by The State News on Scribd

Presidential election

The 2016 election cycle has seen a number of political figures visit MSU's campus to campaign for presidential candidates. The candidates East Lansing voters will see on their ballots for president are Republican Donald J. Trump, Democrat Hillary Clinton, Libertarian Gary Johnson, U.S. Taxpayers Darrell L. Castle, Green Jill Stein and Natural Law Emidio Mimi Soltysik.  

The State News compiled a slideshow comparing the policy platforms of the Republican candidate Trump and Democratic candidate Clinton. 

Representative in Congress - 8th District

Five candidates are running to represent the people of the 8th District in the U.S. Congress, they are Republican Mike Bishop — who is the incumbent — Democrat Suzanna Shkreli, Libertarian Jeff Wood, Green Maria Green and Natural Law Jeremy Burgess.

Representative in Michigan House - 69th District 

Republican George Nastas III is running against incumbent Democrat Sam Singh. 

MSU Board of Trustees

Democratic incumbent candidates Dianne Byrum and Diann Woodard are running for re-election. Their challengers include Republican William Deary, Republican Dan Kelly, Libertarian Justin Burns, Libertarian Gregory Scott Stempfle, U.S. Taxpayers Angela Grandy and Green Will Tyler White.

Prosecuting Attorney for Ingham County

Both newcomers, candidates for Ingham County Prosecuting Attorney include Republican Billie Jo O'Berry and Democrat Carol Siemon. 

Ingham County Sheriff

Two candidates are running for Ingham County Sheriff: Republican Eric Trojanowicz and Democract Scott A. Wriggelsworth. 

Potter Park Zoo and Park Millage Renewal

Voters in East Lansing will have to decide whether or not to renew a millage used to help operate the expenses of the Potter Park Zoo. 

Voters should also remember: Voting booth selfies are banned in the state of Michigan, but controversy is building over the issue. Local elections are just as important as elections higher on the ballot, local officials said. How news organizations call elections is a multi-step process

Share and discuss “Voter Guide: Everything an E.L. voter needs for the 2016 election” on social media.