MSU baseball to play three game Green-White series

Sophomore outfielder and left-handed pitcher Brandon Hughes (33) goes to pick up the ball during the game against Maryland on May 21, 2016 at McLane Baseball Stadium at Kobs Field. The Spartans were defeated by the Terrapins, 6-4.
Sophomore outfielder and left-handed pitcher Brandon Hughes (33) goes to pick up the ball during the game against Maryland on May 21, 2016 at McLane Baseball Stadium at Kobs Field. The Spartans were defeated by the Terrapins, 6-4. —
Photo by Nic Antaya | and Nic Antaya The State News

The MSU baseball team will conclude their fall games with the Green-White three-game series at McLane Stadium, according to a press release. The games are scheduled for 4 p.m. on Oct. 11 and Oct. 13. The final game of the series is scheduled for 11 a.m. on Oct. 16.

The game will finish off the Spartans' fall schedule, which included the Crosstown Showdown against the local Lansing Lugnuts. The other two exhibition games were against Indiana University and Brigham Young University.

The starters for the first game have already been announced. Sophomore Alex Troop will take the mound for the Green Team while freshman Mason Erla will pitch for the White Team. For the final two games, the starters for both teams are still to be announced.

Green Team will welcome the Spartans' newest coach, Jonathan Roof, in the dugout. On the other side of the diamond will be volunteer assistant coach Jordan Keur as he leads the White Team.

The team is coming off a 36-20 season in their 2016 campaign, during which they went 13-11 in Big Ten play. They look to continue their success in the spring after multiple players were taken in the past MLB draft.

Share and discuss “MSU baseball to play three game Green-White series” on social media.