MSU falls to No. 82 in national universities U.S. News and World Report ranking

<p>Sparty flexes his muscles to the crowd on March 7, 2014 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis during the game against Michigan. The Spartans won, 61-58, to advance to the third round of the Big Ten Tournament. Betsy Agosta/The State News</p>

Sparty flexes his muscles to the crowd on March 7, 2014 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis during the game against Michigan. The Spartans won, 61-58, to advance to the third round of the Big Ten Tournament. Betsy Agosta/The State News

Photo by Betsy Agosta | The State News

MSU is ranked No. 82 among best national universities and No. 33 in public national universities, according to a ranking from U.S. News and World Report.

Private institutions, such as Princeton University, Harvard University and the University of Chicago topped the list.

In the latest poll, MSU fell from the 2016 rankings. MSU went from No. 75 to No. 82 in national universities and No. 29 to No. 33 in public universities.

Other higher education institutions in Michigan also made the list. University of Michigan ranked 27th, Michigan Technological University ranked 118th, Western Michigan University ranked 194th and Central Michigan University ranked 202nd.

In addition to the initial rankings, MSU's College of Education ranked No. 15 in the nation for best education schools and the Eli Broad Graduate School of Management ranked No. 35 in the for best business schools. 

Share and discuss “MSU falls to No. 82 in national universities U.S. News and World Report ranking” on social media.