Krolicki Receives Big Ten Player of the Week Honor

<p>Sophomore midfielder Ken Krolicki embraces freshman defender Connor Corrigan after Corrigan made the Spartan's second goal during the Men's Soccer game against Penn State on Oct. 18. 2015 at the DeMartin Soccer Complex. The Spartans defeated the Nittany Lions, 2-1. </p>

Sophomore midfielder Ken Krolicki embraces freshman defender Connor Corrigan after Corrigan made the Spartan's second goal during the Men's Soccer game against Penn State on Oct. 18. 2015 at the DeMartin Soccer Complex. The Spartans defeated the Nittany Lions, 2-1.

Photo by Catherine Ferland | The State News

Junior attacking midfielder Ken Krolicki was named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week, according to MSU Athletic Communications.

After helping MSU defeat Rutgers 4-0 in the Big Ten conference opener, Krolicki was named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week on Tuesday for his performance. During the home victory, Krolicki earned a penalty that he subsequently converted, while also supplying one assist.

"Damon (Rensing) let me take the (penalty kick)," Krolicki said after the game against Rutgers. "Thankfully it went in, so I'm happy for it."

Krolicki becomes the first Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week from MSU since Nov. 6, 2014, when he received the same honors during his freshman season after a game against Indiana. 

The past two games for the Spartans have been heavily influenced by Krolicki, who leads the team with five points, two goals and one assist. Directly before Rutgers, he scored his first goal of the season with an equalizer against Columbia.

Last season as a sophomore, Krolicki qualified as an Academic All-Big Ten member. 

The competition heats up for MSU this week, as the Spartans travel to Oakland on Wednesday before hosting University of Michigan on Sunday in the Battle for the Big Bear Trophy.

Share and discuss “Krolicki Receives Big Ten Player of the Week Honor ” on social media.