Three popular Lansing venues

The Loft is an independently owned venue for live, original touring music, located on 414 E. Michigan Ave. in Lansing.

The Loft can be rented out for more than just music.

The venue has a variety of private parties for weddings, birthdays and corporate meetings. Past performances at The Loft include: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Neon Trees, Twenty One Pilots, Walk the Moon, Slick Rick, Bastille, Periphery, Circa Survive, GRiZ, New Politics and many more.

Located on 2021 E. Michigan Ave. in Lansing, The Avenue Cafe has live music, burgers, craft beers and good vibes.

The Avenue Cafe is a low-key venue to have a bite to eat while listening to music and visiting with friends. Upcoming events at The Avenue Cafe are listed below.

Thursday June 23, at 8 p.m. - Open Mic Night

Saturday June 25, at 9 p.m. - Tease- A -Gogo Silver Screen (Movie themed burlesque variety show)

Sunday June 26, at 7 p.m. - Matthew Frantz, Genghis Keoon & Shake-Le-Beaux and face to black with Jenny Bonner, Brandon Grafius girlband ($5 entry fee)

Mac’s Bar is located on 2700 E. Michigan Ave. Clare Mackenzie (aka Mac) first started his restaurant in the 40s. In 1995, Kenny Knot, a regular at Mac’s and a semi-famous rockstar in the midwest, started booking underground music with the permission of owner Paul Fata.

Since then, Mac’s Bar has been in the world of music.

Past performances have been from Mastodon, Macklemore, Frontier Ruckus, The Devils Wear Prada, Papadosia, BoomBox, The Polish Ambassador, Agent Orange, Man Man and the list goes on.

Share and discuss “Three popular Lansing venues” on social media.