From SNL to John Oliver, see the most viral videos of the 2016 election

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) speaks during a press conference before the Democratic debate on March 6, 2016 at The Whiting Auditorium in Flint, Mich.
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) speaks during a press conference before the Democratic debate on March 6, 2016 at The Whiting Auditorium in Flint, Mich. —
Photo by Carly Geraci | and Carly Geraci The State News

Election cycles are the harbinger of the viral video universe. From whacky, to humours, to gaffes, and controversies. Here is a sample of some of the viral videos of this year’s election cycle.

John Oliver: Donald Trump

The comedian and former Daily Show with Jon Stewart regular, John Oliver began broadcasting his new show, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver in 2014. Broadcast on HBO without advertisers, it has the platform to say what it wants, when it wants without stepping on the toes of companies sending it money. 

The main selling point of the satirical news broadcast is a weekly top story that highlights a widely under researched or largely ignored problem in government, science, or society. The February 27 show focused on the rise of Donald Trump and quickly garnered 26 million plus views.

The Official Donald Trump Jam

Posted by Phoenix 10 News, a Fox News affiliate in Phoenix, AZ, the video of three girls dressed in red, white and blue outfits singing what seems to be a theme song for Donald Trump, reached over five million viewers on Youtube and countless shares and likes on Facebook and Twitter.

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog

No particular video reached outward notoriety, but the satirical dog puppet, known for crass and off the cuff jokes, has been a guest on various late night talk shows. Triumph’s antics have spanned to college campuses, campaign stops and interviews with candidates. His show is available on Hulu. Here is an interview with Stephen Colbert and a couple of his election specials.

Jon Stewart with David Axelrod

Former Daily Show host Jon Stewart sat down for live taping of the Axe Files with David Axelrod, discussing the election. Snippets of the whole interview gained notoriety and the interview has been seen nearly 2 million times.

Hillary Clinton Bar Talk: SNL

Saturday Night Live continued its tradition of satirizing the campaign trails this year including this popular sketch involving cast member Kate McKinnon as Hillary Clinton and Hillary Clinton as Val the bartender.

Donald and Melania Trump Cold Open

Another Saturday Night Live satirical sketch that garnered millions of views. This time poking fun at Trump and wife Melania.

Democratic Debate Cold Open

The most viewed SNL skit of the election season, it brought in Larry David as Bernie Sanders, and Alec Baldwin as Jim Webb. It makes fun of the campaigns of Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders.

Share and discuss “From SNL to John Oliver, see the most viral videos of the 2016 election” on social media.