Column: See what The State News has in store for the summer

My name is Cameron Macko and I will be serving as the editor in chief for the summer. In my past seven semesters here, I covered ASMSU, the Administration, cops and courts and last semester I was the Public Concerns editor.

We’re doing things a bit differently than past summers. Every Thursday there will be one paper put out on the racks on campus and in the community or mailed to subscribers. Every issue will be themed. As you can see, the first paper deals with the MSU baseball team in its quest to go to the Big Ten Championship.

Other papers will feature coverage of Common Ground Music Festival, East Lansing development and coverage of both the Democratic and Republican conventions.

Online, where The State News has made important strides to embrace a more digital first mentality, expect the same fast-paced coverage we’ve provided for years.

In a few weeks leading up to the conventions, be looking for a redesign of the front page of statenews.com, highlighting the coverage both of our political reporters will be providing on both sides of the upcoming election where we will focus on how the election will affect East Lansing and meet some of the people from the area going to the convention. Take a look at our coverage to see a different angle than national media will take.

During the convention itself, follow The State News for our coverage where our reporters will be heading to Cleveland and Philadelphia.

This summer we will be a smaller operation for a smaller campus, but that doesn’t mean our commitment will be any less than during the regular semester. We’ll still be here to cover the concerns and interests of MSU and the surrounding community.

If you have any concerns feel free to shoot me an email at cameron.macko@statenews.com and let’s make this a great summer.

Share and discuss “Column: See what The State News has in store for the summer” on social media.