Campus spots to take senior photos

The end of the school year is quickly approaching and for many seniors, it means taking photo memories to last a lifetime. 

With nice weather finally here, many seniors shared where they plan to take their photos. 

Sparty

The famous Sparty statue, located at the intersection of Red Cedar Road, Kalamazoo Street and Chestnut Road, doesn’t really need an explanation. A true MSU landmark, Sparty seems to be the number one spot seniors chose.

“I went to the Spartan Statue because I felt like it's an MSU tradition and the Spartan is our mascot,” political science prelaw senior Loren McGee said.

Beaumont Tower

The beauty of the campus is another big reason seniors take advantage of the scenery. Professional writing senior Christine Plummer said she hasn’t done her pictures yet, but she has a specific plan for when she does. 

“I'll go near the Beaumont Tower to remember the beauty and traditions on this campus," Plummer said. "Also, it's close to one of my favorite places, and the last one, if I can swing it, the (Michigan 4-H) Children's Gardens if they're blooming because, well, they're beautiful.”

Business finance senior Meghan Lundin also chose the Beaumont Tower for one of her photo opportunities. 

Spartan Stadium

Plummer also said the bridge over the Red Cedar River near the Main Library with Spartan Stadium in the backdrop is on her list of places to go.

“I want one in front of Spartan Stadium on that bridge because it's one of the classic ‘bleed green’ pics,” Plummer said.

Skandalaris Football Center

The "Michigan State University" sign in front of the Skandalaris Football Center was also on Lundin's list. 

“I went to Beaumont tower, the Michigan State sign in front of the Skandalaris Football Center, the MSU brick sign on Grand River in front of Sny-Phi (Snyder-Phillips Hall), Sparty statue and the bridge by the library that has the stadium in the background,” Lundin said.

Commencement ceremonies begin next weekend, and seniors will say their final goodbyes to campus, 8 a.m. lectures and pulling all-nighters to study for tests.

While it's likely exciting to be graduating, it would be safe bet to say the memories they created here will be something they will never forget.

“All these places were pretty and sentimental because they're the main monuments, I think, are the pillars of campus,” Lundin said.

Share and discuss “Campus spots to take senior photos ” on social media.