MSU Police investigating separate assault and battery complaints

The MSU Police Department is currently investigating two separate assault and battery complaints involving a man throwing an unknown substance on women in the Spartan Village Apartments area, according to a statement released Friday.

On April 9, at about 6:15 p.m., a female victim reported an unknown male walked by her and threw an unknown liquid on her. The woman said the man did not say anything to her and when the victim noticed the liquid on her face, she called police.

The suspect from that incident is described as a light-skinned black male with a light stubble beard, approximately 5 feet 5 inches to 5 feet 7 inches tall, wearing a black winter coat, blue or black pants, black winter hat and possibly leather boots.

During a second incident around 2:30 p.m. on April 14, a female victim was walking through the grassy park area of Spartan Village when a man ran up to her, carrying a small plastic box. When he got close to her, he tried throwing some sort of substance at her. The woman was reportedly not sure if it was a liquid or a powdered substance.

The woman described the man as a light-skinned black male with a round face, about 5 feet 5 inches tall, with a medium build and wearing a red jacket.

Neither victim had any injuries and refused medical treatment on scene, according to the statement. 

Anyone with information is asked to contact the MSU Police Department. 

Share and discuss “MSU Police investigating separate assault and battery complaints” on social media.