Josh Jackson, nation's No. 1 basketball recruit, set to visit MSU

Josh Jackson, the nation's No. 1 overall basketball recruit for the class of 2016, will be taking an official visit to MSU this weekend, according to his AAU team's Twitter account. The visit corresponds with the No. 2 MSU basketball team's final regular season game with Ohio State at noon on Saturday.

Jackson is a 6-foot-7 guard and Detroit native who originally played for Detroit Consortium for two years before transferring to Prolific Prep in Napa, Calif. to play out his final two years of high school basketball.

Jackson's list of finalists is down to three schools -- MSU, Kansas and Arizona.

MSU's 2016 class currently includes four commits and is already regarded as one of the best in the country, one which includes five-star recruits Miles Bridges and Joshua Langford, as well as four-star recruits in Cassius Winston and Nick Ward.

All 13 of MSU's 2016-17 scholarships are currently accounted for, meaning if Jackson were to commit to the Spartans, he either have to do so as a walk-on, or one of MSU's 2016-17 scholarships would in some way have to become available.

Share and discuss “Josh Jackson, nation's No. 1 basketball recruit, set to visit MSU” on social media.