Lourawls 'Tum Tum' Nairn Jr. takes first steps in returning to MSU men's basketball rotation

<p>Sophomore guard Lourawls 'Tum Tum' Nairn Jr., attempts a basket over Arkansas-Pine Bluff guard Jaquan Lynch, 10, during the second half of the game against Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Nov. 20, 2015 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Golden Lions, 92-46.</p>

Sophomore guard Lourawls 'Tum Tum' Nairn Jr., attempts a basket over Arkansas-Pine Bluff guard Jaquan Lynch, 10, during the second half of the game against Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Nov. 20, 2015 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Golden Lions, 92-46.

Photo by Alice Kole | The State News

For the first time since a Jan. 14 home loss to Iowa, MSU sophomore point guard Lourawls 'Tum Tum' Nairn Jr. saw some playing time on Sunday.

Nairn has been held out of action with plantar fasciitis in his right foot, an injury which has ailed him since the beginning of the season.

Nairn appeared to a chorus of cheers early in the first half of Sunday's 88-69 victory against Indiana. He played two minutes, where he was able to notch one assist while shooting 0-for-1 from the field.

"It felt good to be back out there," Nairn said. "I was going to be ready for if I didn't play or if I played so that's the plan for me, to suit up and every time I hear my number called, just do what I have to do."

MSU head basketball coach Tom Izzo discussed earlier in the week it was a possibility that Nairn play and said he hopes Nairn can get to a point where he can give MSU around 10 minutes a game.

"We're hoping it'll be back to how it was in December, painful, won't practice as much, but can still play," Izzo said. "It's not going to be where he's practicing every day and playing. That's not going to happen. If we can get something out of him, 10 minutes a game, he's willing to do that for us."

Share and discuss “Lourawls 'Tum Tum' Nairn Jr. takes first steps in returning to MSU men's basketball rotation” on social media.