TEDxMSU invites members of MSU community to speak at March 2 event

The infinite nature of the Möbius strip inspired the content of this year’s TEDxMSU event on March 2.

“The basic idea of a Möbius is it’s a 3-D object in a 2-D world,” TEDxMSU events director and zoology senior Paige Bott said. “We decided to choose this theme because we want to focus on how people can see things from a variety of different perspectives in this year’s event.”

This is clearly presented by the variety of topics to be covered, which range from student activism’s role in regulating society to making museums more interactive.

“We wanted to get the most broad and diverse range of speakers possible while making sure their subject matter related to the theme,” speakers training director and neuroscience and psychology senior Becca Brunk said.

Speakers are primarily from the MSU community, including undergraduates, graduates, faculty and residence hall staff.

The event is organized entirely by students, who have been planning since at least August, Brunk said.

TedxMSU will be preceded by a series of events throughout this week, and a separate event entitled Afterglow will give audience members the opportunity to ask speakers and the event organizers questions while enjoying some food, Bott said.

TEDxMSU 2016 will be at the Wharton Center's Cobb Great Hall. TEDxMSU begins at 6 p.m. and is immediately followed by Afterglow at 9:30 p.m.

Tickets for both events are available for purchase on the Wharton Center’s website.

Share and discuss “TEDxMSU invites members of MSU community to speak at March 2 event” on social media.