'Taking Down Rape Culture' presentation with YouTube Star Laci Green coming to MSU

This Wednesday, the Associated Students of Michigan State University, or ASMSU, will host a presentation called “Taking Down Rape Culture” with Laci Green.

“Taking Down Rape Culture” will take an in-depth look at current American culture and its responses to sexual violence.

Sections of the program include: What is Rape Culture, Forces that Uphold Rape Culture, Combating Rape Culture with Consent Culture and What Students Can Do to End Rape Culture.

Laci Green, who will present the program, is an American YouTube video blogger, public sex educator and feminist activist.

“Sexual assault is a big problem that everyone needs to know and work together to prevent,” packaging and engineering junior Rebecca Wang said. “I'm confident that Laci Green can tackle the issue and that's why I'm excited.”

The event will be at 7:30 p.m. in room B119 of Wells Hall. It is free for all students.

“This will be a great event for students,” ASMSU chief of staff and marketing senior Anna Hogg said. “It is about being proactive because sexual assault is such a huge issue on college campuses. It’s very informative to help people understand what rape culture is, and what we personally can do to stop it.”

The program will be 70 minutes long, and there will be an opportunity to meet and greet with Green after the program.

More information about Green and the program can be found at lacigreen.tv

Share and discuss “'Taking Down Rape Culture' presentation with YouTube Star Laci Green coming to MSU” on social media.