MSU police handle cases of stalking, harassment

<p>Michigan State University Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News</p>

Michigan State University Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News

Photo by Courtney Kendler | The State News

MSU police are reporting an incident of stalking which occurred between Jan. 24 at 1:58 p.m. and Jan. 29 at 10:00 p.m. at Owen Hall, MSU Police Sgt. Florene McGlothian-Taylor said. 

The victim was a 23-year-old female student and the suspect, her ex-boyfriend, was a 23-year-old male. The victim called MSU police and reported unwanted contact from her ex-boyfriend. This case is still under investigation.

Harassment

Around 1:09 p.m. on Jan. 29 at Yakeley Hall, an 18-year-old female student reported being harassed by her ex-boyfriend who she had recently broken up with. The suspect was an 18-year-old male student and this case is still under investigation.

Possession of amphetamines

On Jan. 25, MSU Police made a traffic stop on Grand River Ave. The officer smelled marijuana upon approaching the vehicle and the subject was arrested for possession of amphetamines. The subject was an 18-year-old female student. 

This does not represent every report taken by MSU police. For every incident's time and location, view MSU police's Clery Crime and Fire Log.

For the East Lansing Police Department, visit their crime map.

Share and discuss “MSU police handle cases of stalking, harassment” on social media.