Debate between Clinton and Sanders planned for Flint on March 6

The stage is set.

After, a marginal victory by Hillary Clinton in the Iowa Caucus, a planned debate on March 6 between the two democratic front runners in will occur in Flint, Michigan.

The city is plagued with controversy over heightened lead levels found in the water after a cost cutting strategy made by a state appointed official.

According to a recent article by Mlive, candidate Hillary Clinton called for the debate as a result of the “ongoing water crisis.”

The MSU College Democrats are in agreement the debate should take place in Flint.

“This is something everyone should care about,” president Wyatt Ludman said. “These are real people.”

Ludman continued by stating it is important to challenge leaders on issues such as these.

However, others aren’t as thrilled at the prospect of a nationally televised debate in a city reeling from an official disaster.

Gov. Rick Snyder tweeted his disapproval. 

The MSU College Republicans also feel the presence of a debate in Flint is inappropriate.

“Politicizing a humanitarian issue is not right,” they said in an official statement.

Flint hosting the debate would normally be held in high regard, they said. However, in this case they said, this debate will only bring political attention instead of the “the help the city really needs.”

Share and discuss “Debate between Clinton and Sanders planned for Flint on March 6” on social media.