MSU student to put on comedy show to raise money for charity

<p>Advertising freshman Sam Silverstein performs at his comedy show on Feb. 4, 2015 for Mott Children's Hospital's charity event Laughter is the Cure to Life held in the MSU Business College Complex, 632 Bogue Street, in East Lansing. Silverstein performed comedy for the first time during his high school talent show and his love for performance and the spotlight led him to continue performing at MSU.</p>

Advertising freshman Sam Silverstein performs at his comedy show on Feb. 4, 2015 for Mott Children's Hospital's charity event Laughter is the Cure to Life held in the MSU Business College Complex, 632 Bogue Street, in East Lansing. Silverstein performed comedy for the first time during his high school talent show and his love for performance and the spotlight led him to continue performing at MSU.

Photo by Emily Nagle | The State News

For advertising sophomore Sam Silverstein, Laughter is the Cure to Life is more than just a life motto, it’s the name of his comedy show that pairs comedy with a good cause. The proceeds from his show go to the Child and Family Life department of the C.S. Mott Children's Hospital. 

"(The show takes) the best aspects of what you might see in a movie, what you might see in a theater act, what you might see in a stand up comedy show and we combine them all into a story line," Silverstein said.

Silverstein puts on shows primarily for college students and is putting on his second MSU performance at 8 p.m. Feb. 16 at the Business College Complex, located at 632 Bogue St.

This show has sold out and has Silverstein excited for a packed audience.

Following the show, there will be an after party at The Landshark Bar and Grill, a bar located at 101 E. Grand River Ave. To attend, one must be 18 years old or older and present a ticket from the show at the door.

Share and discuss “MSU student to put on comedy show to raise money for charity ” on social media.