E.L. prepared for outages, icy roads and 30 mph winds

Freezing rain, icy roads and strong winds are in the forecast for mid-Michigan on Monday and Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service.

Ice accumulations of one quarter to one half of an inch are possible by 5 a.m. early Tuesday morning, and the weather service is expecting winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 to 50 mph on Monday afternoon and evening.

The City of East Lansing will have snow and ice removal crews working throughout the day and night to minimize winter road conditions. The city is asking residents to limit travel.

The Lansing Board of Water and Light will have additional line and tree crews on standby. Customers can report outages by calling 877-295-5001. Residents who spot a downed power line are asked to call 877-295-5001 and stay at least 25 feet away.

For residents with Consumers Energy, outrages can be reported here and residents can report a downed power line by calling 800-477-5050.

In a community alert, the City of East Lansing announced it will be monitoring conditions and coordinating with the City of Lansing and BWL should activation of an Emergency Operations Center become needed.

Share and discuss “E.L. prepared for outages, icy roads and 30 mph winds” on social media.