Spartans to take to the community Saturday for MSU's Spartans Day of Service

The Spartan Day of Service, put on by MSU's Center for Service-Learning and Civic Engagement, brings together hundreds of MSU students to make a positive difference in the Lansing community.

“It’s important as students and individuals to give back to the communities that invest so much in us," health and society junior and Spartan Day of Service planning committee member Tyler Logan said. "Day of service is us reaching a hand out to say thank you to the community."

The day begins with kickoff festivities at the Eli Broad College of Business building from 9 a.m. until buses depart with students to their respective volunteer stations at 10:30 a.m. The kickoff event will feature a live DJ, prize giveaways, and free t-shirts while supplies last.

Students can volunteer at a wide range of sites throughout the community including the Potter Park ZooFenner Nature Center, and Haven House.

Activities vary by volunteer station. Volunteer opportunities include weeding, painting, cleaning and playing with children. 

Share and discuss “Spartans to take to the community Saturday for MSU's Spartans Day of Service” on social media.